Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holly Jolly Saturday

Saturday saw me at home, all day, with Levi and Molly...trying to make sense of the holiday explosion that had erupted at our house...I didn't think I could do it, but with some coffee, Christmas music, and cooperation (I like to call them the 3 C's), I got the tree up, most of the deco here or there, and the house nicely ordered before David and the 3 big ones arrived on the stoop at 5 pm. Whew! 'Twas so nice to have them home...until E. threw up...but it was nice to have them all snug and back in the cubby...I slept better last night!


this was where I thought we would put the tree but it really hindered the elliptical use...now that we have 2 couches in the living room, we couldn't put the tree where we usually do. bummer.
Love the action shots of levi and molly here....




aforementioned explosion. what to do...


how magical...that little blob on the floor by the skirt? a tiny tree...that Levi put there and told us that it was the tree's baby. I didn't realize it was still there when I took this pic. We really like the tree in this spot!!


we've put this ornament on our tree for the 16th time...our first Christmas together...








these two mugs, taking naps while I did the tree stuff...how cute is this pic though?
David and I went out for some coffee last night...and Levi got to go with us...you can see him peeking thru...wait, there's one where he shows up...never fear...

David loves Panda Bear Express (his name for it)...



I know it seems like I take a lot of these self-portraits of me and whoever I'm with lately...but I figured it was the only way I'd show up in pix (that I could control anyways)...and since I don't have a lot of pix of my mom from my younger years, I wanted to reverse that trend for my kids. Though the pix are 99% of the time unflattering, that's ok. There I'll be. for posterity...

Off to take my walk/run...hope you are relaxing, kicking back, getting stuff accomplished, enjoying your day....hugs!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Love that D is willing to pose for silly pics with you. I have allowed a few pics for posterity sake as well. Not my fav idea either, but, it is what it is. Fat and all.

Oh. And tell Levi, I LOVE the "baby" tree. Love his logic. So cute.

Tory said...

Glad that you're choosing to reverse the trend. I think about that all of the time, and I have to fight letting people take pictures of me.

I love the classic ornament, and even the baby tree. Sounds like Levi! I do things like that all the time...mom just rolls her eyes and leaves it until I am not looking then does something with it. These days she tries to send things home with me. My favorite is this crazy pencil skinny snowman that I leave in different places in her house...she hates it, but has yet to make sure that it comes back to "live" with me.

Guess, I should go on over to my blog. Don't faint, but I actually did take a couple of pictures of our tree. Hugs, t

Tory said...

I forgot to add that I love the "napping" picture. It's so cute that Molly missed her daddy! Precious.

Mary said...

You're inspiring me to get cracking! Your tree is pretty.

I'm working on my own family to allow me to post photos of them - your blog is your legacy, you know.

If I weren't so vain, I'd post more photos of myself; however, I'm usually the one behind the camera!

Mary

Smooches, Kara said...

My house is so much smaller then yours and I have so many boxes of Christmas supplies you can't even walk around! So frusterating but the end result is so worth it!! :D

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks BE-YOOO-TIFUL! Even right after giving birth to a baby tree...wow! Love the pic of Moo's face in the corner of the top pic. Too cute. Glad that you and D got to go out again, even if you did have a little tagalong. Hope you had a great weekend--seems as though it was quite productive-that's great!xoxo

Nicky said...

Beautiful tree! Is E feeling better today? Anyone else sick? Hope you are having a productive Monday.

wv: wayyarpret (Why, you sure are pretty)

smooch

Heather said...

You have totally inspired me (once again!)...I, too, hide from the camera and when Jeff manages to get some pictures of me, I quickly delete them off of the camera. But my boys are gonna' need to know what their momma looked like...good or bad. So...I'm going to stop being so vain and silly and just smile for the camera! Thanks, Laurie! You're a very good example! XO!