Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's not itchy...

this is Becky and I when we were little.

no, not really. but I bought this card Thurs. night when Beck and I met for coffee...it reminds me of us when we were kids...esp. the hair.

the really funny part of this card? Gilda Radner's quote: "I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."

I still live by this mantra. no synthetic materials or itch articles for me.

I can still remember telling my mom that something was "picky".

Ok, Saturday morning ramblings. the kids are all going with David to watch Jeff run in a marathon. whooppeee...hey, there goes Jeff....and then they are heading to the Santarossa shop to cut some limestone pieces for our brick pillars...our brick man is coming tomorrow to put them on so that should be nifty way keen.

Ya know where I'm spending my morning? not with Molly, as you may assume...but at the YMCA, doing a Pilates ball class with my sister...and then some. Today begins my self-imposed hiatus from life to see what weight I can knock off in three weeks. No big promises here...though D. would think so...but if you don't hear from me? that's where I'll be. Home. getting organized and hopefully shedding a bit of weight from the past 15 years. ouch. lots of emotional ties here.

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday...

3 comments:

Tory said...

That's my motto...but, it's not itchy and not too tight! Which when you are not skinny, isn't a good thing to wear big clothes. But, just like you, my momma remembers me as a little kid telling her my clothes were a little too tight. Too funny!

Laurie and company said...

too tight and too itchy...they do not go hand in hand for clothes. well, for anything, for that matter...

that's funny...."Mom, this is too tight"...I can hear your mom say "Get over it, kid"... wait, that would've been my mom. :)

peace out, cuz

Anonymous said...

I.LOVE.THAT.CARD. Too funny!!! I just remember those plaid pants...soooo itchy! Here's to well wishes for your 3 weeks of "boot camp!!!"xoxo