Saturday, November 8, 2008

right back atcha


This card is funny. (well, to my warped sense of humor it is)
it has some history. (it's 12 years old, the same age as E)
My cousin sent it to me years ago, right at the beginning of my gain of 50 kid pounds...
My senior year, I went down to Florida for spring break with Dawn and Lanie, to visit Gram Taylor. I bought a bathing suit while there...it had a ruffle on it. Hello, I'm 18...is that seriously a ruffle? Maybe ruffles were in, back in 1991...dunno.
We got a few laffs outta the poor suit...and still do...
the inside of this card says, "I think the ruffle really makes a difference, don't you?"
Today, we are cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning. I got up before the kids this morning and took a one hour walk...man, it was awesome. Alone time with God, to just lay stuff out at His "feet", listen to some praise songs, get so caught up in this praising and praying that a dog came from outta nowhere and I shrieked and screamed like a school girl. (glad the neighborhood was still sleeping)...nothing quite like it though. Thankfully, the dog was friendly and just wanted to walk with me a bit....phew!
Onto the cleaning...hope you all are having a splendid, chilly Saturday.
Ephesians 5: 19-20 - Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

6 comments:

Tory said...

Goofy card! And, it was a funny story...again, you are so brave to share these things. Love the part about the dog...that happens to me quite often. So, it's chilly there, huh? We are back to it being relatively warm; but, thankfully, I am managing not to sweat as much as during the summer. Hope you have a good Sunday! ;) Love ya, t

Laurie and company said...

warm, what is with that??? give me 44 degrees any ol' day...

hope you are having a good weekend, dear cuz!

Love LY

Mary said...

Your senior pic from 1991 isn't old, you know. How would you like to see mine from 1-9-7-3?????

I wore hair like that. Body waves were hot then and yes, skirts were in style if you didn't wear french cut suits :o)

Clean, clean, clean...what fills my weekend. A nice stretching exercise is to take a refreshing walk, ey?

Mary

Laurie and company said...

Mary, we would LOVE to see your senior pic from back then...put it up...I'm sure you were one rockin' momma then too! :)

body waves...is that what that was called? my name for that look is scared in the wind or trainwreck! ahhh....whose hair is tallest? I'd like to see some of those pix too...skirts were so much cooler back in the 90's, huh? I remember that. I remember the MC Hammer pants too...oyvey.

hope you got lots of cleaning done this weekend! can't wait to see a pic of you with your motorized mascara gracing your peepers.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

You know this is one of my favorite cards...I totally forgot about your "ruffle" suit. You crack me up. You were always so insecure-even then. I always looked up to you, so right there, you should've known that you were no less than cool :) Hee.xoxo

Laurie and company said...

awww. B. ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth...you raise me up! you are the wind beneath my fragile, ever so achy wings!

ruffle suit...you know you would have NEVER worn that, even at 12...it was bright pink though, so I was sold. I will have to find a pic of that bad girl!

Hugs