Monday, November 10, 2008

Leaf me alone - hot off the press

notice the little blob of leaves above D....he kicked that up. And his feet are completely off the ground here...is it safe to say he will be hurting tonight? Come on down...we'll have a leaf jumping party...





fly like an eagle. look at that gracefulness....I'm jealous! He really is airborne here and this pile is 4-5 feet high...

It really does amaze me at how well this "old" dude moves, jumps, rolls, tumbles, and doesn't hurt himself. thumbs up to years of regular maintenance...weight lifting, jogging, ellipticalling....you go, boy! you are my inspiration! Mr. A-gee-lay!


this song keeps going on in my head, whilst looking at these..."I tumble for ya"...





giving Levi a quick toss into the monster pile.




look closely, you can see Mel diving in....I got better at the action shots as we went.





Will, head first...Levi is in awe!








E. brought Moo out, in her pj's no less, threw her in the pile...and they all thought it was so funny. punks.




E. made an appearance....no jumpy jump for you, Mister. are you still wearing your clothes from church yesterday?



1/2 an hour later....
cut yo' bangs







where are you, Levi?
Molly was quite unsure of this massive pile of leaves



Pyros...obliterated pile of brush, old wood, roofing, etc...





um, yeah. get me outta here. she didn't like it at first but then grew accustomed to the pure leafy joy!






Here we have Levi putting leaves on Moo's head...I was kinda far back so he didn't know I was taking this. big brother = torture



Really.

my aching arm muscles, but think of all the cardio and strength training I'm enduring. ackkkkk! we think of this as conditioning for the upcoming Drumstick!


Never have I seen so many leaves. well, at least since last year. Thanks to our good neighbor, Joe, for helping us out a bit, blowing leaves down to our compost pile in ravine #1.





Our mower is broken, outta here, and I realize just how much of a help it has been to me in the past, during this leafy time...






In the pix above, E. wasn't in our little jumpfest because 1.) his leg is still swollen, so off we go to get it checked today, and 2.) he was inside with Mollsy for this reason...'tis cold out here at 9 am. He did come around when we got the fire going...that boy loves a good fire. (should I be scared? no, really, E, thanks for the nice, toasty fire in our woodstove last night...we look forward to your "skills" all winter long)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun pics!!! I love these! I remember the days of leaf jumping. Ah, those were the good ol' days. I haven't been in a pile of leaves in i don't know how long. I think the last time (and this is why it was the last time) i ended up with a worm on my and that freaked me out. no mo' leaves fo' me. I hope E's leg is okay. Call me and let me know. We were going to do a leaf pile at our house, but with only 7 leaves, we'd surely have a broken limb. This looks like so much fun. Moo is too cute in the leaves. Like "what the?". xoxo

Laurie and company said...

Hey, i was thinking about having you guys down for a photo op in the leaves...whaddya think, B? I know P might pull a Becky and get all wigged out but it's a childhood rite of passage to go leafing...

you crack me up. Miss you! how is your neck, by the way?

E. needs to make a trip to the ER or something like that...poor fella.

talk at ya in a bit, thissy.

LY

CALAMITY JANE said...

i miss the leaves...but not so much the raking part :) gosh, you guys have such fun fam times together!! your kiddos are gonna have the best memories!

Laurie and company said...

ohhh, glad u don't miss the raking...my hands are so tender and blistered tonight...I think the leaves are fun for about...oh, 10 minutes. I think D. had the most fun.

hugs

Tory said...

How cool is that! Everyone around here just blows their leaves into the streets for the city crews to pick them up. ;) My favorite is the one of Molly in her pj's...too cute. Have a good night, t