Thursday, November 27, 2008

drumstickin' it...

I will keep this brief, as I would like to get to bed tonight whilst the two little spuds are sleeping...but I wanted to get these posted for your viewing pleasure, followers. Dad.


little rays of early mornin' sunshine...this was not too long after Becky threw her Frappucino all over us...she went to shake it up and forgot the lid was OFF. look on the seat behind her...there's the proof. Mel's number is covered in peppermint mocha frappy too...kinda funny. Beck, we think it was pretty darn funny...pls know that.

the self-portrait queens...look closely between my hair and B's chin...and you can see Mel peeking thru...she is self-portrait queen in training. our apprentice.




my loving hubby of 15 years...isn't he cute?
I just realized how truly short I am. I'm not short..I'm fun-sized. got it?
cool, cool.
really cool cool...'twas so very cold but not for long...once we started jogging a bit...I sweat like the beast that I am.
bustling with activity and excitement...
pretty early morning exercisers...
anticipation...we were listening to Dave Calabro, sportscaster from channel 13...as he spoke and then opened the event in prayer...not just any prayer, folks. he prayed to the Heavenly Father and in Jesus' name...it was pretty cool and made the event just a bit more special to us.
we, of course, opted for the LOOOOOOOOOONG course. my legs are jello tonight...

E. is the little blackclad figure to the left of the 3 mile marker...the big black box is a speaker...it's cute how the residents would play music for us...it never lasted long, as we kept walking/running...


ahh, sweeet relief...the end is in sight...




Jerry Gobbler...a real live turkey




this pic is cool to me and i want to remember why...in the dead center of the pic, way up the road, you can see the mass of people...so cool, the turn out was amazing...I don't know the stats yet but if you go to tuxbros.com, you can see our times and the stats on today's event.


Jeff did the 4.5 mile run in record time for him...26 minutes. youch. not too shabby.
Melanie finished in 54 minutes...you GO, girl!
David and Will did it in 56 minutes. Way to go, guys!
Beck finished in 1:08 minutes.
E and I were in last place for our group at 1:13 minutes...much better than last year but we have a goal to get in under one hour next year.
Beck, I was impressed at your endurance...I thought I would be able to stay neck and neck with you...but having to tinkle, being much more ancient than you and all those other excuses I could enter here were all working against me. Good JOB, sis!
What an AWESOME memory to make with my family...I am so blessed to be a part of such a cool group of cats.
Thanks again, Mom, for getting up so early to be there for Mollsy and Levi...
Good night, folks.

3 comments:

Tory said...

Wow, cool pictures! I'm guessin' that Beck isn't much of a morning person? That is too funny. I like them all; especially with you in them, but I really like the self-portrait with that little mischievous Mel in the background. How classic! You guys rock! I would even consider getting up early if it meant hanging out with the cool kids. Glad you had a good time. Love ya, kiddo!

Laurie and company said...

none of us are too great in the early morning area, actually. blame it on D's wacky work schedule!...you say nice things...I appreciate it.

Heather said...

That is such an awesome thing that you guys did - a wonderful tradition! And what matters is that you DID IT and you FINISHED! YEAH!!