Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ready for this?







On days like this, when it's so lovely outside, it's hard to imagine that this stuff is coming.

It's fun. for a time. (till Christmas, then it's drudgery)

It's not fun when you have to load a very strong-willed baby into a car seat, buckle her down, which is almost impossible since she's wearing a big, puffy coat...all the while, getting muddy, wet snow every. where. I'm not quite ready for coats, hats, scarves, mittens, runny noses...ahhhh.
so let us enjoy the blowing, falling leaves that end up in our doorways, on our carpet, in our hair...for his days are numbered. This may be that last day. yup, I think it is....
sledding is quite fun though...we have the perfect yard for it.
You all know I'm not complaining in any way...I am so blessed to be a mom, to be able to go here and there with my gaggle of kids...so blessed that I have a husband that works his tail off to enable us to do the cool things we do. I'm feeling very insightful. Thanks for letting me share.
o wait, this is my blog. I get to do that here.
Happy Thursday to ya!
Parting words: Psalm 56:1, 3, 4 - Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me (that is not a typo). What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God will I praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. King James Version, 1611

6 comments:

Nicky said...

I'm looking forward to the snow. To staying in for hot chocolate evenings and snuggling with all my loved ones. I'm pretty much a home body all winter.

You do have a beautiful hill to sled on...Looks like lots of fun...hint, hint.

I'm not really sure why we have to put babies in carseats when they are dressed in those giant marshmellows. It's like wearing an airbag, right???

Good verses for all of us to remember. Thanks for reminding us we should always put our faith in God when people come against us.

Hope you are having a good week. It was good to see you at the grocery Tuesday.

smooch

Anonymous said...

one word...ugh...xoxo

Heather said...

Am I reading the date right on those pictures?! The first day of spring, '06?! Actually, I think I remember that day...it took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get home from work that night. I'm nervous about what to do w/ a crazy toddler when we're home bound this winter. Maybe I'll teach him how to shovel snow... (I'm kidding, please don't call CPS).

Tory said...

Hey, isn't that what kids are for? To help with the chores? Oh well, guess that's why I don't have any.

Thanks for sharing the snow pictures. Makes me so thankful that I live in a coastal region. At best, we get a few inches for a day...then, it's gone. But, of course, we have other weather situations to deal with...like hurricanes.

I do miss the sledding. That is so much fun, but to me, it's not worth the rest of it. But, I am glad that you guys "enjoy" it and take full advantage of the opportunity provided.

Hope you have a nice evening!

Hugs, T

Mary said...

Your blog is peaceful and relaxing. I can tell you are an inspiration to those who visit here. Your five children must be good souls :o)

I lived in a snowy region all my life until three years ago. I miss the feeling of a promised snowfall...but I don't miss shoveling it!

Mary

Laurie and company said...

mary, your blog is peaceful as well! I love your pictures...hey folks, check out her blog (click her pic) and check out her amazing photos!

you have really good thoughts.

I'm thinking more and more about those warmer regions the older I get...I'm jealous! :) thanks for visiting my blog!