Wednesday, December 3, 2008

over the top fun


this little event is upon us again...can you believe it's Christmastime again?...Piper has her preschool Christmas program tomorrow night...and if you can find her in this picture, I will give you...a...umm, the green sucker that I got from the bank yesterday.

Molly and Nora...weren't they just the cutest? can't believe they aren't teeny babies anymore.


Grandma with Molly, back in the days when we could keep Molls pinned down.


Levi loves to snuggle with his 'Pa.




desperate times call for desperate blog posts.

sorry 'bout that dad...


I have a good excuse though, as to why I was MIA yesterday...
Our sewage ejector gave up in our downstairs...(did I mention this already?) when you have 7 folks using the toilet or needing clean clothing, it's kind of a big deal.
We woke up to the looooooovely smell of raw sewage yesterday...good. stuff.
David, being the go-getter that he is, wasn't going to sit by and make us smell it...he pulled the thing apart, to get a head start on whatever work was going to need to be done. a fun, warm day ensued.
not really.
Praise God that our awesome friend Tim stopped to get us a new pump and the ability to hook it up, get it running. I didn't take any pictures because, well, yesterday was just a not good day and taking pics was the furthest thing from my haywire brain. Thank you, Tim, from the bottom of my 2 sizes too small heart...we are so grateful for your expertise, help, willingness, and friendship. (The kids used to call him Timmy, I don't think they do so much now.) Thanks Timmy. he is soooooo not a Timmy.
is that a good enough excuse?
so here we have our way too often feature of "This time last year"...
I just wanna say that I thank the Lord for a new day. Nothing gives you different, better perspective than a new day. I know there's a verse for that and i will try to find it but right now, the kids are in need of my presence so off I go.
Have a glorious Wednesday. choose JOY. Embrace those holidays.

4 comments:

Tory said...

Sounds like you're having an interesting holiday! So sorry about the sewage situation...was thinking that you probably had a few pukers on your hands. But, that's right up there. I just hope that you didn't have to deal with more puking while all this was going on.

Love seeing your mom and dad, even if it is last year pictures. They are like my folks...don't show up much in pics; so, they often get recycled.

Hope today is better. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Love ya, t

Laurie and company said...

interesting holiday...that's how it always seems to go over here...I have all these visions of sugarplums and martha flippin' stewart and it just NEVER goes that way. esp. the first few weeks of Dec...I guess that is life with 7 people in my house...I just wish someone had warned me more of the hard, mundane, gross days...guess it's good I went into it (marriage, family life) with my blinders on!
It's been really challenging lately...relationally, physically, emotionally...blah blah..sorry to "puke" on my comment section.
I will try to put more pix of mom and dad up...
thanks, also, for the This is the day reference...I absolutely love that song and will often sing it when I feel frustrated...but had put it on the back burner...God knew I needed it so he sent you. Love you, cuz.
And Beck? if you read this? which I know you will...

Thank you so much for the hugs last night, the shirts, the CCC, the Horizon milk...the hugs from P and Nora...I love you girls more than you can know too! all of ya!

the true ones come out in the real weird times! big big hugs to you!

Laurie and company said...

so to speak blinders...and just in case it's questioned...I am fully committed (yes sir, the paddy wagon is HERE)...to my family, husband, immediate and not so immediate...thank you for letting me break down. no lie, it's been a struggle 'round Deliverance for me lately! I'm under attack.

ok, done now. really.

Tory said...

It's not a coincidence that as I read this, the pop-up box is right next to the pray picture. Okay, I said one for all of us! You do know that it's all of the memories that make Christmas special, right? Not just the good ones? Although, I do pray that you have a few Martha Stewarty moments. Sounds like you may have had some last night with family. ;) Cyberhugs, t