Thursday, February 26, 2009

Does anyone enjoy this show as much as Mel and I do?


I know my mom gets a kick out of it...
I can feel a regular feature post brewing here...and I will be one of the main participants... "What I learned from Stacy and Clinton"...
What Not to Wear is my new favorite show...I do get aggravated because they always say "O.....Myy........Gawdddd" all the time, (Commandment #3...Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain)...but other than that, they are hilarious, and they actually seem to give a flip about the person they are helping...after making "fun" of them for a bit!
Though my style does not say so, I am actually learning a lot from these two fashionistas!
Maybe once I lose a bit more weight and can get some new clothing, I'll be presentable again. For the first time in um....15 years. (I mean, really, at the beginning of my demise, so to speak, I was still in the 90's...so big hair was still essentially "in")...
I would love to go on that show. that would be sooo cool.

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

i watch WNTW, too. (i used to even watch the original british version back in the day!) i always tell pants to put me on that show - i need a new wardrobe :)
and hey, don't stacey and clinton always say you have to dress for how you are right now? i say get some new clothes NOW - regardless of if you are happy with your weight or not! :)

Brittany said...

HATE it! Lauren loves it. I can't stand to watch either one of them, but Stacy the most. She. drives. me. crazy!

I do think they genuinely care about the people, but seriously, as if the people don't know they're sneaking around the store in stealth mode (with camera crew following) watching the person try on hideous things only to "SUPRISINGLY" interrupt the horribleness. Oh, it drives me crazy.

BUT, Lauren loves it. I'm sure if they showed up at my door, they'd have a LOT of fodder for their jokes and show. I'd take the $5000 and do it. So, sign me up!

It IS fun to have a show we can watch with our girls, though isn't it? We like Project Runway the best.

Tory said...

I do like that show, but not nearly as much as when it first came out. Bet you cannot guess which is my favorite part? Hmmm, I bet you got it...Nick Arojo...I would love to shadow him for a day or two. He is awesome and sure has the eye for what hairstyle and color looks best on someone. Oh, and Carmandy is great, too. Mom and I like to watch it, but of course, dad doesn't...so, we try to catch it on occasion when dad isn't around. My favorite shows these days are home shows...like Property Virgins, My first home and Property Ladder. Who knows exactly why, but I like learning more about the people than the do-it-yourself things...I think that's why WNTW is not as much my favorite, b/c they don't quite focus on the individual as much as they used to. Anyway, it is good, and other than the "commandment" issue it is pretty clean.

Hugs!

Laurie and company said...

thanks for all of your cool input...Velvet...you are right...it's high time to get some trendy digs for this mound of flesh! It's hard to find things I'm comfy in...so that is my main struggle. I'm so boring! but I've "seen" you, though not in the flesh for a looooooong time...but in your pix, you are quite the trendy gal!
I'll hafta check out Project Runway...my mom likes that show too...
Tory, I like those home shows too...there are NOT enough hours in the day for all of the "knowledge" I want to gain from TLC and Discovery!
Hugs to y'all!
LY