Monday, November 28, 2011

JOY in the journey

love this wall vinyl from Denise. Thank you, sweet girl! It's right by my scrapbook desk.

sweet scrapbook paper that reminds me of my son. wish he was here. I wonder if his hair would've laid down eventually. I want to sniff his baby head so badly.

Jamie got this beautiful picture for us. shedding fresh tears of gratefulness. As she pointed out, if Sully and Jack had lived, we wouldn't know each other. yes, we want our boys here but we thank the Lord for putting us together.  Thank you, Jamie, for this touching picture. seeing his name makes him seem "legitimate". He was here, he was prayed for, he was wanted and we love him.


Well, Happy Monday to YOU! If your Monday was as rainy and dreary as ours, then Happy may not be the most fitting word. Choosing JOY is a bit harder when the weather bites.

As you know, our van was broken into on Thanksgiving (grrrr!). I called our credit card people and the very nice rep asked me if I wanted to change the look of my card, that they have over 1,000 styles available to choose from...I told her to pick one for me, "surprise me" i told her.

I got my card today.

it has a butterfly on it.

coincidence?

I don't think so.

I think the Lord cares about me enough to send me little reminders that He loves me and that HE alone is in control of things. yeah, bad things happen to reasonably good people...and He uses these situations and seemingly bad things to draw us to Him. I'm being drawn. I don't want to live outside of His plan.

In other van breaking into news...David discovered on Saturday night that the thieves/creepers/jerks did in fact pop our lock. It's not noticeable, especially since we use a remote to open and close the Ol' Grey Mare. Doesn't that just make your skin crawl? yeah, mine too.

Christmas decos are going up slowly...I can't seem to move very quickly, as I stained the entire pool deck on Saturday (bent in half, mind you) and I can hardly move my limbs. Sorry about skipping out on you for an early morning rainy Monday walk, Tashena. I may be able to walk by week's end. but it's doubtful. ha ha.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking #1, #3, #4 and #5 home for me tonight....I love you.

Levi stepped on a sewing needle tonight. It was gruesome. He doesn't cope well with stabbing.

Ok, I'm going to take my scattered brain and go put more lights on ye old tree. Hope this finds you warm and snuggly...maybe listening to some Nat King Cole singing about chestnuts and JACK frost...like I am.

Good night and God bless you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I am listening to breath of heaven. ;) So glad to have a goodnight dose of the Joy blog. Cool butterfly, and yes, I, too, think that God cares about us at that level.

Poor Levi. I don't like pain either, and I so feel his pain.

I just wish that I could insert funny into here, but my brain is end-of-semester friend. You would think that Thanksgiving would have helped to clear it, but I think that it only made it worse. ;) I went out today with only half of the coupons and things that I wanted to take. Thankfully, none of them were overly important...so, it's not like I left a kid behind or anything. Hmmm...maybe, it's good that I don't have children. Teeheehee...anyway, I just know that you are having lots of fun decorating and thinking of where to hide the hippopotamus for Christmas.

Hugs, Tory

Brittany said...

Ok, I'm reading along in your blog. Loving the pictures you're posting and taking in the news of the van and then BAM! Levi doesn't take well to stabbing! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!! It's NOT funny that Levi got stabbed by the needle but that comment made me LOL! Poor buddy. I wouldn't take well to stabbing either. ha! (I'm sorry to admit I giggled a bit....)