Thursday, March 19, 2009

this time last year and some deep thoughts...

can't believe this was one year ago...


sweet girls!

oh, I miss this sweet, chubby baby face...don't you, B?


and then this...





I actually miss this....




















Beautiful baldy and Harriet, her cousin...Toupee...isn't that what we called her?






so, this time last year, I was still carrying around Fatty Patty in her baby seat...

______________________________________________________

Happy Thursday to ya! I'm kinda low on pix right now...need some inspiration!

I've enjoyed looking back at these way cute pix of Molly and Nora...I had forgotten how chubbalicious Nora's babyhead was and how Molly looked like she was wearing a toupee...hilarious! man, time flies!

The guys from TMorgan Constr. are doing a fabulous job on the ol' homestead! If you need any home improvement, anything built, anything made to look 100% better than it does already, these are your guys. Craftsmen! Very professional, very kind, very talented! I'm hoping to get some pix of their hardwork up later....we are muy impressed!

I'm just wondering, as I sit here, if life will ever really slow down? I mean, I know it will when I die, but for real...things are just downright busy! I thought today might offer some peace, but I forgot about Mel's dental appt., and the fact that all the kids need some form of clothing or another. Mom, why didn't you tell me I would be so booked? I honestly think things are busier even these days than what they were when my sibs and I were younger! Stop! take a deep breath...choose JOY...and thank the Lord that we have the means and the freedom to go about our business, do the things we WANT to do. Realizing, of course, that we are so blessed to move about...

So sad to hear that Natasha Richardson (Parent Trap, daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, acting royalty) died...Liam Neeson's wife, (Aslan, Qui Gon Jinn, Rob Roy, Michael Collins, the bad guy in Batman Begins)...one of my fave actors...she was only 45...FORTY-FIVE! beginner skiing lessons (THIS is why my kids won't ski, folks) I just feel so bad for her 12 and 13-year old sons....it's just sad. Makes ya think...bet she didn't plan on dying when she went to that lesson.

On another, less depressing note, I worked with David last night...that was kinda fun. I don't know that I'd want him to be my boss...ha ha. Get it?

Gotta run, kids are slacking. Peace!

1 comment:

Tory said...

That last comment was mucho hilarious! Love it, and I love the retro pix...I never got to see those of the toupee. They look like a couple of livewires, even in their carriers.

Keep on keeping on, and just think in a few years, you will be wondering how you would have made it if you didn't have all of those things to keep you busy. In essence, you, my friend, would be bored out of your gourd, if you weren't busy.

Hugs to you, t