Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pix from the Past

I was just digging around in some of the pictures (from my dad's side) that my aunt sent down with me, after the funeral...lots of pix of my Grandpa G. that I haven't seen in a long time. I cherish these old memories. so here they are...





Big brother Tom, me and cousin Jenna on Grampa G's lap...whatta handsome dude, ay?



A few more cousins added to the brood (see funeral pix from 2 weeks ago)...Gramps in the middle and Tom, Ian, my li'l bro Andy, me (this pose with my arms? Will does this allllllll the time...), Jenna holding her bro, Jon and my baby sis in the front. I believe this was less than a year before Grampa passed away...so this was summer of 1981.





This was taken up in Canadian Lakes...that fun place Gramma and Aunt Mimi took us every summer...we were all soooo skinny...omigosh what awesome memories!


I'm just getting all verklempt on a Sunday morning, when I should be getting ready to head to the church service.

I have some fun pix from my day with my sissy to post but will have to do that later...had a nice evening hanging with Nicky and her kiddies...lots of good people in my life. So blessed.

Hi Mom and Dad...I didn't even talk to you on the telephone yesterday...love you!

Hope y'all have a blessed Sunday, enjoying some rest!


5 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Your one cousin, Jen maybe? looks a lot like Mel.

You need to slurp your blog. So many memories. It would make a great book....

Nicky said...

We had such a nice relaxing time visiting last night. Your house feels like home. I loved Dave's shoe demonstration and Levi's dresser! I also enjoyed looking at of your "pretty" pictures. Thanks for lifting us up in prayer. SMOOCH.

Tory said...

so, love of chocolate...yet another thing we share in common?! well, and there is always starbucks. have been reading some of your older posts this weekend...when i had a moment. sure do wish you lived closer! but, it sounds like you are a busy lady with a lot of friends. it's off to choir practice (mom and dad are in the choir...i just hate driving separately...and, i get to read or help with the babies...depending on who's there) and evening service.

Laurie and company said...

I had never thought of Mel looking like anyone on my side but you are right, Mrs. W...I would love to slurp my blog but it's probably pricey, right?
Stickers, my house is your house! that dresser incident was too cute! We will keep on praying for you, as you stand in that daunting gap...
Tory, mmmm chocolate. mmmmm starbucks. hope your quite time at church during choir was lovely. wish you were here!

Anonymous said...

Man, we were cute kids, weren't we? Hee hee...it's good to see that Piper actually looks like me! Thank you! Scott asked "who's the skinny ol' guy"? Well, My gpa ghill, too bad none of us got his "skinniness"...Love the ol' pics. We'll have to go through them some time!! xoxo