Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"You're my best friend, that's it...."

My best non-biological friend....we are both going in 150 different directions, kids here, there and everywhere, but it's so nice to know that we can pick right back up where we left off...and we have such a blast. She came into my life rather unexpectedly (I'm sure I've blogged about this) and at a time when I didn't think I needed another friend. Boy, was I wrong. God knew I needed THIS friend. She was a shoulder for me when all the friends I'd had were ditching me. And now that I look back on it, as much as it "hurt", she definitely made those times a lot less painful than they could've been. She is the most tender-hearted chick around, helpful, open to different opinions and looks at things clearly. Tambo, you are such a dear to me.

This pic of TK greeted me when I got onto Facebook today...and it's kept me smiling all day long. Love you, girl :D you are one of the finest! Lost without you, I would likely be. Thanks for holding me accountable in my relationship with Christ...I've learned so many GOOD things from you.



This gal knows me like nobody's business....I always felt bad for girls that had sister's, when I was younger and took her for granted. I knew the pain that was little sister. Now I feel sorry for girls if they don't have sisters or if they have them but aren't "tight".

in all reality, I always rather liked my kid sis. I loved to threaten her that I was going to run away if she didn't do what I told her to. I loved to try to get her in trouble by convincing her to swear when the tape recorder was on (thinking she couldn't hear the grinding sound of those cheap-o recorders)....I also enjoyed the fact that, like my Levi today, she was ALWAYS running around in just a shirt and undies. I love the fact that if I say something funny, she runs with it, getting all the credit for being funny! :D I love that she brought me a bag of Eclipse chocolates at Dr. Quill's last week...and we dug around for the Edward candies, only to discover that there weren't ANY, they were all Jacob. Wha??? she thinks of me in such fun, caring ways. I love her love language of GIFTS.

I know this past few weeks has been kinda rough on you, Beckyboo...I love you, pray for you and hope that things start looking up. I am so lucky to have such an incredible sister and BF. I'd be lost without you, too!

Hope your Wednesday has been most delightful. I don't know about your weather, but ours was simply gorgeous today. Get out there and enjoy it!!

P.S. this day last year is the day we left on our 3 week Great Adventure. hard to believe a year has come and gone. and what a year. whew.

No comments: