Saturday, January 10, 2009

Like fine wine...she just gets better with age...

these little collages are from some of the scrapbooks I've done for my parents.

this collage has the pic of us (upper right hand corner) on one of our first trips to the circle downtown...me in the polka dot jumper (nice, yes?)...we had just ventured UP THE STAIRS at the Soldier and Sailors Monument...on a hot summer day. No space...claustrophobia...ahhhh...hence the expressions on my face and my sisters are quite hilarious (to us anyways...)..maybe you can zoom in on it, Dad...


Happy Birthday to YOU, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, dear Joanie, happy birthday to YOU!

I know I've posted this before but this so reminds me of Miss Molly Moo!



and I can totally see Ethan in this face...



I can totally see Tom in you here...



and yes, I've posted this very picture recently but I LOVE IT! it's such a good pic of two of my best girls!


~Mom, here's to you, on your 62nd birthday! Doesn't seem possible, that you are eligible for senior citizen discounts now but hey! Live it up! Laugh it up!
~My siblings and I have been so blessed beyond words to have a mom like you! Thank you for always being so patient, loving, helpful, giving, kind, considerate, and I could go on and on! but I'm tired from our visit at Starbucks this evening...:) We would have come to get a head start on your birthday celebration, even if you WEREN'T paying..but thanks for doing so! So giving, even on YOUR day! that was so fun, Mom! and 3 of your 4 biological children were there...
You are the best. I thank God for you! every day. Happy Birthday, Momma! I love you!

1 comment:

Tory said...

Happy Birthday, Joanie! And, many more. So glad that you get to spend it celebrating with so many fun and lovable people. ;)

Hugs to you,
Tory