Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, Natalie!!


a visit to the canal



lovely, sweet spirited girl!!



meeting 4th niece, Molly...

Happy 18th Birthday, Dear Natalie!!

Somehow, somewhere, along the way, you managed to grow up on us! dang sista! why you be doin' dat?

Ok, well, I just wanted to send a little shout out to you, dear younger sister to my loving husband! We hope your celebration was and continues to be spectacular...with a grand finale whopping good time here with us. We can't wait to see you and Nick and spend some time with you kids!

I will have to dig up some funny old pictures from the different visits we've had with this lovely'n. Natalie is so kind and gracious to our kids, her nieces and nephews, and we are so blessed and thankful to have her in our lives! The kids LOVE YOU!! When I married D. in 1993, we lived in his parents' basement...and up above us, there was his family, which consisted of Nathan, who was 7, Natalie who was 3ish and baby Emilie...We had one window in our downstairs apartment...and if the kids wanted to know if we were around, or up for entertaining, they'd smear their faces up against the window and look right in at us...(not a big apt. by any means)...or come and knock on our door till they'd get bored waiting...I was homesick and then pregnant so I didn't appreciate the sweetness of those day to day situations till many years later. Forgive my impatience, Natalie. (ok, I think I've typed your name too many times now...)

(sorry this is a few days late, we really did think about you that whole day and hope you know that we all love you!)

Good night all and if you happen to click on Nattikin's blog, over on the right-hand side (Confessions of a Female Gamer), give her a little b-day shout out!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy birthday, Natalie! I remember when you were born. You've always been a beautiful girl. Hope you had a great day!

Smooches, Kara said...

OH I am so bummed my scanner is broke!! I have the cutest picture of Miss Natalie holding a teeny tiny Hannah!!! She's always been a pretty one!!

CALAMITY JANE said...

um, natalie? i don't know you - but i just wanted to say that you are freaking beautiful! :) happy bday!

Laurie and company said...

Thanks for all of your nice Natalie comments...she is really one of those girls that is beautiful inside and out...she is actually here tonight and I made her read the comments...she was humbled! thank you! so glad my kids got some of the same genes as her!
Velvet, your comment cracked us right up!

Natalie said...

Thaaaanks for the cute blog, Laurie. I remember you taking the one with me and the a--...donkey. But never saw it before. I like that one! It's cute. :)