Tuesday, August 30, 2011

two months ago...

this sweet baby boy left us for life eternal.

still

can't

grasp

this

He'd be two months old today...bright eyed, smiling, chubbalicious, I just know it. (look at those cheeks up above!!)

thanks for your thoughts and prayers on this two month date...I can tell I'm going to need them.

I know Jack is in a wonderful place, with angels singing, worshipping the Lord and I'm so happy for him...doesn't change the fact, for I'm a human mother, that I long to have him here...in time, I know this will fade. But it hasn't yet...thank you for letting me voice that. I'm still grieving...I will always be grieving. That is not a bad thing...it's just the way it is.

Job 13:15a Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him...

5 comments:

Tory said...

Honestly, I would worry if you weren't grieving. And, since you are grieving so openly, it seems like a much healthier way to grieve. I just pray that through this grieving that your relationships are strengthened.

I saw a rubber stamp today that said "the end of the caterpillar is the beginning of the butterfly". Of course, that made me think of your butterfly memorial garden.

Love you, t

Brittany said...

I completely agree with Tory. (Cool quote too!) I'm glad you're open and honest. It helps those of us around you know how to pray for you best.

I don't remember seeing this picture of Jack before. It's adorable. I'm so glad you have so many pictures of your precious boy.

Heartbroken with you.

Love,
B

Jodi said...

And I'm agreeing with Tory and Brittany.
I love you, Laurie.
Love,
Jodi

Unknown said...

I think we'll always have that longing, but that it won't always be so all-consuming. Taking up what seems like every minute of the day. We'll be able to move forward productively while still loving and remembering our boys.

2 months can seem like yesterday and like you've been sad forever. Be easy on yourself. This was on Faith Baristas blog today:

“For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake,
But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you,
And My covenant of peace will not be shaken,”
says the Lord who has compassion over you.”
~ Isaiah 54:10

Duane and Shellee said...

I agree with all that's been said above. You have every right to still grieve. Though I haven't written lately, you are still always on my mind. Praying for you this day specifically for our Abba Father to cradle you in his arms. Isaiah 40:11

I hope to see you in Oct., Lord willing. I will be in Indy for three weeks. Love you so much my friend, and I am so glad you have this great group of gals for support, plus your amazing family and church. My heart is hurting with you and sad with and for you.

Love and prayers, Shellee