Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Color Run and deep thoughts kept at bay....

Forgive my peace sign...for some reason, I keep throwing 'em out when my picture is being taken. I'm reverting to my 16 year old self. I do that a lot...I love this merciful, committed, loving man. He is my best friend!


This pic was actually taken by Nicki's hubby, Greg. Nicki is the adorable girl with the precious little chicky on her shoulders. Greg had a camera on his head.....his pix of that day are pretty cool!

not my favorite pic but you can see all of us in our colored galore....

never a dull moment with this guy around...

















 
This may be my new fave pic of my hubs and I. 

This was the pic taken after the one above. David was acting like he was drinking from the canal...such a FUNNY GUY I have!


Beck's tribute to Sully...

Ethan & Mel

I think Mel may be taller than you, Beck. I dunno...just sayin'.

Three of my all time favorite guys!

Beautiful Melanie...I love this caring, tender girl. If you call her friend, you are blessed. I call her daughter, so I am doubly blessed.

Can I just tell ya that this was probably the most fun I've had in a very long time?? Everyone needs to be poofed with colored powder now and then...it really puts things in perspective and will maybe help you to not take yourself so seriously...because it did that for me. 

we spotted Jamie!

David is a colorful little leprechaun. hee hee


Out of all of those thousands of people, I found my friend, Melanie E....we were in MOPS together so many years ago. 

Jamie and Beck




All credit to Jamie Reese, pictured above with my sister...She was with us, taking all of these pix above (mostly), and she got hit with color and so did her camera. Thank you, my dear friend, for joining us that day! Love you!

I have many thoughts rolling around in my noggin tonight but will spare you the gory details on my blog. I will rest in the fact that GOD IS IN CONTROL and seriously, if He brings you to it, He will bring you thru it...I have learned that one true thing. He is the only sure, good, true, trustworthy thing on this life. People will let you down, bank accounts will get depleted, friends will ditch you, the wrong person will get elected, or that person will cut you off in traffic...


It's all good.....

take a deep breath.

there ya go....

in thru your nose.....

out thru your mouth.

(I'm telling myself this, k? it wouldn't hurt if you gave it the ol' college try too!)

Life is short and very precious...

Cherish the moments that the Lord gives you...



time to get back to organizing and ordering school books...(which is a nostalgia all it's own as I embark on the ONLY year I will home educate all five of my living children at once..unless Will takes a bit longer, which I'm perfectly fine with btw)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color run pics!!!! Looks like all involved had an absolute blast!!! Good for you for not taking yourself to seriously, I SO struggle with laughing at myself... To bad too, because I give myself plenty of opportunities, lol!! Isn't it awesome that no matter what happens, God NEVER changes!?! I am SO glad we can rest in Him and His promises!!! Love you my friend!!!
Hugs,
Shellee

Tashena said...

Hello, Dear!
The Color Run looked awesome - you were right! Wish I coulda gone...

Thanks for the reminder to laugh. I'm working on it. Being more intentional with my boys, having fun with them, making them laugh, which makes me laugh. Thank you! :)

Hope Friday still works for you all! It'll be fun if we can make it go! Talk to ya later!

XO

Unknown said...

Great pictures especially your new favorite:) I am ordering school books and need to enjoy the moments also. It is so easy to get swallowed up with emotions and let the days slip by. I hope you will do some homeschooling post I need some inspiration :)