Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Levi's All About Me book and a fall delight...

This will be on the favorite toy page in Levi's book....each of my kids has made an All About Me book in their early school years...I think it's funny that Levi chose his $5 Kohl's Boynton animal.


This is the "in front of your house page"...and we will always remember the unfinished aspect of our house. And ya know what? we like it. It makes us appreciate every little step of improvement. And dontcha love my zinnias? ok, got off track...This is Levi's house.


This is for the favorite thing to do page...Levi has been buggin' his dad to put the tent up for about 3 weeks now. It's been sitting in the middle of the lower level floor since then. David is a peach...even though he was getting up super early to work (for the first time this week) today, he slept out in the tent with the olders. You rock, Daveyboy.


And this little bugger? Marks the beginning of Autumn in my book. Nothing gets your house smelling like falling leaves like a pumpkin muffin with butterscotch chips inside! And some crooners softly playing somewhere in the house...ahhhh. Fall, I <3 U! I do. You are glorious. You are welcome at my house any time. (yes, I am talking to a season)


Can it be official yet?

€‹€‹€›€›€‹€‹€‹€

Can autumn be here now?

It was actually a really good summer here in Indiana. Very mild. But fall/autumn is less than 3 weeks away and it always catches me by surprise...I always love it. The smells, the soundtrack that goes along with it in my mind....Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Rosemary Clooney, anything from the 40's and 50's. Though the Jerome Kerns CD that Emily gave me so long ago is nifty too....ahhhh.

Get out there and enjoy these beautiful days. I plan to as soon as I wrap up my 8 mi. at the YMCA with my sissy!! Outta here...

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Great idea on the book for your kids!

I love fall too! I look forward to pumpkin spice muffins. Yippee!

Tory said...

Love the idea of those punkin' muffins...mom and I were at Starbucks the other day, and they had the punkin' items...and, I told her it was a tad too early. But, then again, we are having highs in the 80s...still! So, thank you for inspiring me to consider making punkin' muffins with butterscotch chips. And, thank you for being so consistent to share a bit of your life; especially, when it is cute li'l Levi with his signature head tilt! You are going to have to beat the girls off some day, huh?