Sunday, September 28, 2014

well hello there....

these pix are completely unrelated to the shmooz I have typed below. I just like to add pictures to my posts...sometimes they relate, sometimes they do not....enjoy!

JOY

oh my gosh, I was a cute little bucktoothed, bad haired bugaboo....

Jenna, my Dad, Tom on his lap and I. such cuteness.

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree...

My loving mother and I and my Dad, obviously very tired....

My Grandpa Greenhill and I.

we were so young and cute. I see a re-enactment in our future, huh, Tom??

Grandma/Grandpa Taylor's infamous kitchen....Tom and I with cousins from both sides of the family tree....
Good Sunday evening....finding it hard to believe that this weekend is already over.

I'm seriously just so not ready for another week to begin. just. not. ready.

Let us just hope and pray that these wild n crazy days will just slow down....that I will be able to have some quieter days at home, schooling the kids and just "being".

A few things on the horizon....

October starts this week....can you believe it??? I will have a 20 year old this month. And also a 12 year old...whoa.

On Oct 10, we head to MI (did I mention this already???) for the Switchfoot Fading West tour/concert at Spring Arbor University....for Will's birthday, we went ahead and got good seats (up front) and VIP passes to meet them, go to sound check, autographs and such before the show....we are pretty excited to say the very least! their music has been extremely encouraging to our family.

October also means Harvest Party planning. Another thing that I need to get on the books is a graduation celebration for Will & Ethan....

So many good things on the horizon.

How could a busy girl like me even consider having deep friendships? Is it safe to assume that deep friendships are going to have to be on hold until my life settles a bit? will my life ever truly settle even a bit? I mean, I'm so glad to be living my life...really am. Time to sit and create, just breathe life in and really soak it up....where do deep friendships fit in here?

spontaneity? girls night out?  sitting around a table, drinking coffee, crafting, talking about life, spirituality, Jesus, our kids and really just getting to "be friends"? it remains to be seen...so glad for the friendships that I do have and hope that they can grow to deeper levels....praying to this end.

not sure why friendship is so at the forefront of my mind these days....probably cuz I don't have time, don't want time for surfacey friendships....thanks for letting me get a bit of this off of my chest.

hugs and here's to a happy, joy-filled last week of Sept, first week of October kinda week to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your old family photos! I have so many I want to put on my blog for archiving purpose but just never do, this inspires me to add them in just because:) I have been thinking about friends a lot as well maybe because I am feeling sad that a few good friends are so far away from me physically and I miss them!!! It is so awesome that you guys are going to meet Switchfoot!!!! I know I have mentioned it to you already but we LOVVVE them, my husband even preached a whole sermon on one of their songs called The Beautiful Letdown...it about the church (people) You guys should listen to the words if you haven't:) Hope you have a beautiful October!!!