Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Eve, Miss Molly Moo!

can't believe I still had ankles! This was on our Memorial Day trip to Lafayette, while I still had FOUR kids.



July 9, 2007...that most joyous of days, when Sista Nugget officially joined our family! wow!! my hair was so dark...




Sweet little bundle of girliness....

It's almost 6 a.m. on the day before my fifth child's birthday. I'm sad because I thought I was losing space on blogger so I deleted the post from her day of birth. That was before I bought more space....

Anyways, I will be nostalgic today because July 8th of 2007 was a trying day...I was ready to be done with pregnancy, David and I were grumping at each other ALL DAY about this, that or whatever...to top it off, I fell off the wall surrounding the pool. That was pretty funny...but I scratched myself up nicely. Imagine a largely expecting woman toppling over...yes, it was funny. Yes, I did land on Molly.

I took off that night on a little drive. Needed to clear my fool head. I met up with my mom and sister (my very own Steel Magnolias), who had been down to the outlet malls that day. They got me a bunch of little things in preparation of Moo's arrival, which I was beginning to think would never happen. needless to say, I was feeling VERY discouraged. (If you've ever had a baby, you know what feeling and sensations I'm referring to)...

I ate a Big Mac that night and didn't care ONE BIT. (take that, David. and I ended up being the one who paid for it)

That is not sufficient labor aiding food but it must be adequate labor-inducing food...I went home, made good with my family.

Labored all night and you know that feeling when you first start to labor? skeery. especially in the middle of the night, all by yourself. vulnerable. weird.

Anyways, time to get a move on for this day...until I've ingested my coffee, I won't really know what's happening around here today...so enjoy your muggy July 8th and if you are pregnant in this heat and mug, I feel for ya.

No comments: