Friday, July 26, 2013

mosaics and things that make up our days.

Good afternoon.
I have really neglected my blog. There is NO excuse for this.

This li'l mosaic fishy is hopefully going to be a table top for us someday. David is also going to do one with Jack's name. I'm really excited about that. When we will have the time to really do that, I have no clue.

A few things that have been happening lately:

~Mel just returned home from Camp Electric yesterday, much to her chagrin ;) not really but man, she had a wonderful time and I'm so happy for the lessons that she brought from her 4 days learning how to be an integral part of worshipping Jesus Christ. I believe this is just the beginning of an important part of her life.

~My momma fell almost two weeks ago and is suffering so with jumbled vertebra and pelvis probs. She had standing x-rays done today that will show her doc of osteopathy just how to treat her. Feel so bad for her. Get well, Mom.

~When I was a youngster, I LOVED Princess Diana. a lot. I would dream of meeting her and for some reason, I really adored her. Who didn't? Now, to watch her son and his beautiful wife welcome a new baby, do such normal things...and to see how adorable they are with their little son....awww. My heart melts. I know that even people of privilege can suffer loss, as Wills did when his momma was killed...but I couldn't help but think, wonder, question..."Do they know what a gift it is that their baby George Alexander Louis, is alive and breathing?" Will I always wonder about this? I do believe I will. I think it's just a natural part of loss. I naturally imagined myself on that stoop on the Lindo Wing in London, holding Jack and all of his beautiful brown crazy hair just blowing in the breeze. This is how he lives.

congrats to the Royals.

~I do believe that if things do not slow down a jot, I may implode. Why can I not handle the crazy pace that is our life? When I think of getting our school year going in full swing again (we have been doing Math/reading/phonics thru the summer), I want to curl up in a ball and disappear. To be able to do the things that I'd like to or that are necessary...well, they may have to wait till I have full blown arthritis and oodles of time. I have two elementary aged kids left. So weird. just weird.

~On a really cool, answer to years of praying note: My brother, who has been here for a little over a month now, is in FL retrieving his 12 year old son, Duncan and 10 year old son, Charlie. They will be back this weekend and starting their new school next week. Phebe, his 7 year old daughter, will be staying with her mom. I'm really excited about getting to finally really know my nephews and brother. Yay!!!

On that note....I must go for now. I must. I will aim to be back on here sooner than two weeks. poor blog. poor poor blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah a post!! Sounds like you all are having a busy, busy summer! The Next couple of weeks are busy for us. We have vacation Bible school this week, and then next week is the summer festival that we pass out gospel tracts for, followed by the bon festival, ( where they worship their dead ancestors). Love you my friend and I look forward to reading more updates!
Hugs,
Shellee