Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Tap, Tap, Tap...Can you hear me?? Is this thing on?

 Hello There! Remember me??


I just wanted to drop by and say HEY! I cannot believe it's been almost 2 years since I last blogged....

I want to brush this thing off, start visiting it regularly and share stories and life...yeah, I know....you've heard this before....

So much to share and yet, some of the stories are not my own...as a mom of  FOUR adult children now, I feel that I need to tread carefully in what I share and don't share (as I always hope I have but ya know...I've grown up some)...so I'll just stick with stories and situations that I give permission to, for myself...

I can update a bit and if you have any questions, feel free to email me, Facebook or Instagram message me, text me...whatever. Some things will not be shared on here but if you know me/us, you know how to find me. 

Will, Joy, Oliver and Lincoln welcomed their third adorably sweet boy, Salem Wilder, in August of 2022. He is such a good natured third born boy...and looks SO much like his daddy. Link is 3 now, so smart, so active and one hilarious little dude!  The Young Band released their second album last April and it's a fantastic compilation of musical goodness! Go check it out on any of the platforms you listen to music on..."Where We Are Does Not DefineWho We Are"!!

Ethan has been living his best life as an agricultural whirling dervish...He got involved in The Well Watered Gardens of Johnson County with the Duke Family...and we can thank his involvement IN the WWG of JC for his introduction to our future daughter in law, Carol Y. (she won't have to change her initials, folks!!) They will be wed this summer and we are so stoked for this...she's quite lovely and most importantly...loves Jesus so much! 

Melanie, as showcased lastly on here, has done well in Deutschland. She was married to K. in October of 2021 and they got to come back here in Oct of 2022, where they celebrated their first year anniversary. She was also here in April of 2022 on her own. They hope to be back in the States sometime this year (Please, Lord!!) and they have some cool hopes and dreams for their occupations here! 

Levi turned 20 on the last day of October, 2022. He's enjoyed taking on some car detailing business and does a pretty fantastic job doing so! He keeps our fleet of vehicles in tip top shape! His other specialty is lighting...he puts strips of LED lights on anything that will sit still (so his dad and I are safe. Molly, watch out!) crack myself up. 

And last but certainly NOT least, Molly, aka Moose, is 15 now. She has become so artistic and puts out some pretty cool painted items, jewelry and other neat things...She also took gymnastics back up again and she is our resident strength training expert! (rock hard abs, anyone?) She's such a super fun kid, misses her sister badly...

Our business, Young Final Finish, LLC, has weathered the storms of the last almost 3 years of pandemic madness very well and to God, we give thanks and all praise. We have remained busy, with new opportunities and maintained many of our regular customers.  He has provided some amazing opportunities for us, with David at the helm. In fact, and I hope to be able to post pics from this new desktop soon, he did some epoxy emblem work for the Center Grove School Corp in October. Just a simple CG in the middle of a freshly cleaned and ground concrete floor in an obscure room....and the school peeps LOVED it...asked if we could spruce up the concrete floor (that we had demo'd, ground, cleaned and grouted, sealed) at a local elementary school cafe. Guys, you should see what came out of this man's head...He doesn't understand it, we don't...but good gracious...it's astounding. (The industrial look was not cutting it for this school's people, understandably) and when you see how this turned out (I put it on my FB or Insta), you may agree! Today, we are getting their mascot printed and beginning this process in the middle of the floor...we've already done the initials and paw prints, color blocks...just, wait....I'll try to get pics on ASAP!  We also began a terrazzo restoration in Terre Haute, three years ago this coming March, and made it to the third floor hallway this past November. Ripping up old carpet, revealing the amazing 1926 terrazzo underneath....Needless to say, David keeps busy, is thriving, taking on a lot and is doing very well.

Thanks for stopping by...come back now, ya hear?? And I will too....


1 comment:

Tory said...

Loved getting to hear your voice again! Thank you for dusting this ol' relic off. All the best for a fabulous 2023.