Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Melanie Posting and Update









 Welp, folks..she made it to Germany safely...over one week ago. She quarantined until this past Monday, went out to take her Covid test, it was negative and now she is able to go out n about. 

The H family (there are five of them) has been very hospitable and she really likes S, the mom. I'm being vague because I feel like I should be since this isn't my story. She got to see her beau, KM, today for the first time in 14 months. 

These pix (really the only pix on my stupid laptop) of Mel, Molly, and Link from November (taken by Natalie, edited nicely by Joylily) warm my heart. I'm so glad that we have them since Mel is going to be gone for so long...

I'll just be over here, crying....

I'm kidding...I mean, I do have moments of weepiness but mostly, ya know, I'm so so happy and excited to see what the Lord has in store for our girl. We all miss her so much!

There is so much on the horizon...Mel leaving was the first domino to fall...up next, we are moving up to Aspen Lakes Apartments just north of here...May 10 (hey, that's two months from today). Our hope was that we'd be able to move into the house we are planning to buy on Madison Avenue but some unforeseen issues have come up and that sale is taking a lot longer than anticipated. Will, Joy and Mel were going to all stay here in our house, renting it together but, well...as you know, Mel is across the ocean indefinitely...so Will n Joy will rent here for the time. We will keep some space and stuff here also. I'd ask my praying friends to be in prayer for calm hearts...the Lord knows all that will take place...and it's our job to trust and follow. 

I've already begun packing...so much stuff.....even with once a quarter trips to the Goodwills or Mission 27s near us....we've been in this house since July of 2001. So many memories, so much stuff. I'm very excited about what the future holds.

One of the goals of the Madison Avenue house is to make it a Craft House/Air BnB. It is just 15 minutes south of downtown Indy, on a main thoroughfare and simply so adorable. If I can figure out how to get a pic from my phone to this lousy Dell, I'll share it. I'll keep ya posted...

David turned 50 a few days ago. to celebrate, Levi, Molly, D and I went to Bloomington today. He and Moo broke in their indoor outdoor roller skates and all I could see was Hal from "Malcolm in the Middle" when he teaches Malcolm how to roller skate...you must YouTube this clip. (yes, we used to watch that show.) Levi and I rode our bikes...the temps were very mild for early March but the wind was quite whippy. We got some food and then stopped by Bloomingfoods for Kombucha and healthy snacks. Happy 50th Birthday, David Young! We are grateful for you!

Linkster gets cuter and cuter every day. How is that possible?? He LOVES tools of any kind. He has crates and totes of toys (though I have packed most of my Lolli toys and library) and he ends up wanting to play with tools, kitchen gadgets, and things he isn't supposed to have. He's over 20 months now! Such a joy to have that little yeller in the house. He is NON-QUIET and NON-STOP. All boy as they say...but are we allowed to say that anymore? :D

Levi and Molly are doing quite well...Levi is a car detailing pro and is hesitant to try taking his permit test again. Molly has taken up the ukelele and rolling her eyes at me on the reg. She, as mentioned, plans to become a roller derby girl. She's pretty good at it! She loves make up, and seems to have grown up over night. 

Ethan is busy with his local Militia (this is not as scary as you'd think...it's mostly just citizen preparedness and honestly, much needed!) and being a part of The Well Watered Garden locally, with some of our new friends. He is also NON-STOP!

Will has been hard at work recording new music...recently releasing a single called "Giving Up the Ghosts" Mel was able to record some vocals etc before leaving last week. So grateful to hear him singing, working on mixing and such and then sharing it with us before it goes off to be finished. Joy remains somewhat busy with her photography business and looks forward to wedding season approaching! Covid has definitely made that a challenge. 

I'll be back...hope this finds you doing well, not living in fear or trusting our government!! Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus Christ!


Until next time...

No comments: