Saturday, December 19, 2015

on the eve of forty-three

making stars while camping

love from the littlest lady

fear from the middle lady...that is, if you can even consider eldest female a lady....




on the cusp of motherhood...at 21

at the end of motherhood...no more babies for this gal

40 years ago...the beginning of my love of stripes in the wrong direction and turquoise

39 years ago...





can't imagine NOT spending the next 43 years with this guy...

or this guy....

and quite possibly a gaggle of these guys...

this dude and I. I love him...he's been my biggest challenge to mother but he's worth every single struggle.
I'm super nostalgic tonight....

I've been home ALLLLL day, first part working with David on YFF stuff in the conference room (our kitchen/living area)....then the rest was schooling and yelling at kids, making food to stock the fridge, replenishing homemade taco seasoning, making rice and taco meat, cleaning out the class/storage room, doing work for YFF in between, laundry, making bed, and I still have to work out tonight, read our Advent reading with whoever is home (not many tonight....all my older guys are out working)....and prepping for the day that I will turn FORTY-THREE.

I don't even like that number...it's just weird. 43.

I can't even believe I'm going to be this weird age. me?

yeah....other people are 43...not me.

Just a little update of sorts...I'm finally starting my Christmas shopping...by this weekend. Scary...I've been gathering some stuff along the way but the rubber meets the road here...I have one week.

I used to work better under pressure but as I age.....whew!!....it's just not as much fun. The thrill is gone ya know???

I'd appreciate any warm thoughts pointed in my direction. thanks ahead of time.

Another task I seem to be taking on, rather ridiculously in the midst of Christmastime but not really, is cleaning out the storage room....I'd really like to 1.) throw mostly everything away that is in there and 2.) make it just a craft/class room. Is that so wrong? This is where good organizational skills come in. I can copy anyone's craft space but I just have so much stuff and not a lot of space or creativity/organizational abilities. Seems like a good winter project....that, and curtains in Molly's room.

two days later..........

ok, so I started this post on the eve of my 43rd bday.....and got side-tracked as usual...

and now I'm 43...weird.

We spent the day with Piper, Nora, and eventually Becky...then Mel, the younger kids and I went to see my friend Jen's new abode, helped her with a load of stuff then proceeded to the Circle of Lights in the midst of frigid temps but warm hearts and lotsa pics...that I'll have to "steal" from my brother and other's and share here with y'all on my loving blog!

Until then, stay warm and get your shopping done!

No comments: