Monday, November 2, 2015

Harvest Party update, Levi turns 13 and other happenings...

Just a small portion of the participants at the 13th Annual Harvest Bash
I need to go find a pic of our winners and will publish them in the next post
1st Prize: Brooks F. as an old man
2nd Prize: The S Family as Capt. Calhoun, Wreck-it Ralph, Fix it Felix and  Vanillope or however you spell it.
3rd Prize: Nicole M. as Cinderella


Molly played her role as Wonder Woman with zest and fierceness...we've come a long way from 1976 and my terry cloth swimsuit, don't ya think?

THIS little guy turned 13 on Oct 31. It's hard to fathom that I only have one non-teen in the house. Well, I guess Will isn't a teen any longer...and Ethan has a few short months left in his teen years....

Levi the Dino with our friend, Jen as Princess Leia. One of my favorite pix of all time. This was taken at our first harvest party!


Just a few pages from Levi's scrapbook



He likes his labeled clothing.

We'd already had a family party for this guy but you can't have your actual day without cake and candles, presents and people singing to you, right? Note: Levi is NOT 58.  but 5 + 8 = 13 so that had to work! 
Another awesome event on Oct 31 was an event with our Calvary Chapel family called "Take Back the Night" and we praised the Lord and worshipped, fellowshipped and ate that evening. Young Band got to lead some worship time.

This pic and the next three were taken by Joylily, friend to Will, Ethan and Mel.  She is pictured above, playing guitar in the Calvary Chapel pic. She snaps the coolest pics.

Had so much fun on 10/17/15 walking the B-Line Trail in Bloomington. Some impromptu pics may just end up being this year's Christmas card. Hope ya don't mind the preview. Thank you, Joy...for such fun memories.


eventually, I'll be the shortest one here...got my fingers crossed that Molly is average height like me.

The excitement is building at Young Manor, as next week begins tech week for Mulan Jr. Pictured here is David, our friend, Jeff and a gaggle of guys setting up the stage for this weekend's performances of Annie Jr. We can't wait to see how this whole process unfolds!

Levi and I had some time just the two of us yesterday afternoon so we visited his little brother.  Such a beautiful first day of November...and below....

I'd told Levi, rather jokingly, that when he turned 13, he could try driving....he didn't forget that so after we visited Jack's spot, I let him give it a try...and he lasted for 7 seconds. Such a fun guy.




I think I know why I tend to ignore my blog...I have so much in my head and so much going on, that I just don't even know which path to follow. So if I seem silent or scattered, it's for good reason.
And besides that, blogger is acting up tonight...is that a sign from the Lord that I should be doing other things this evening? maybe...

A few things currently taking place:

1.) Molly's tech week for Mulan Jr begins next week. I hear it's a long week but so much fun so we are, all of us, gearing up for a memorable time. Honestly, it's such an impressive operation...when those youngsters (8-18) get up to practice their songs, lines, moves whatever....tears just well up in my fool eyes. there is just something about kids singing, performing and the like. I hope this is just the beginning of a long and joyful part of our lives.
2.) We continue to wait and wonder about this current lawsuit. it's sad and it makes my heart hurt every day. In fact, helping David out more and more with the business (and heck, just general running of a home, paying bills and such makes you realize how many incompetent people there are, sadly myself included occasionally, and how much people will "screw" you over. pardon me) When you are married to someone like David, this is glaringly obvious. People are wicked and desperate. I need to lay that at the Lord's feet EVERY single day. 
3.) The Harvest Bash was a little bit more low key this year, which was fantastic, and was so much fun! I hope to have more pictures on here very soon, as listed above. 
4.) I have more things I could post...boy do I but I will close now. 
We covet your prayers on the running of this business. I am continually impressed at David's ability to MOVE FORWARD. We have faced some very stressful situations this year and we are both so glad that OCTOBER IS OVER. Just when I think/hope/believe that things may get easier (and they're not bad, or unmanageable, just hard), we are thrown another curve ball....

Life is challenging and I'm thankful for the struggle. Thankful for the amazing people that I get to be around in the everyday struggle, holding each other accountable, laughing, fighting, hiding and seeking, singing and praising...

There is JOY in the Journey.

2 comments:

Tory said...

As always, I love the pictures! Praying for each of you, daily.

Hugs,
Tory

Duane and Shellee said...

So glad to see pics of your sweet family! Love you dear friend!
Hugs,
Shellee