Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Young Band's first patio gig yo



Kaitlyn, Kacey and Susie, taking self portraits!



Will and Mel had their friend, Joy, join them on her djembe (drum, for those of you that are unfamiliar with them, as I was.)

My brother, my Dad, some of our faithful friends, enjoying coffee, appropriate treats and good music, all while trying not to blow away!


Susie...one of our favorites and the person that made their gig possible.

Jen and my Momma, trying to stay warm and keep the wind at bay.

Melanie & Will had the opportunity on Oct 1 to do a patio show at our favorite Starbucks. Susie, one of the Coffee Master and downright amazing woman was presented the opportunity to host an event in honor of National Coffee Day and she asked Young Band to perform. Needless to say, they were pretty excited!!

Susie and Kacey, another of our faves and Coffee Master herself, hosted a lovely tasting, kept the mugs filled and the treats flowing.

Aside from gusting winds, which were rather chilly, the evening was beautiful and lots of people showed up in support.

In other news....

David, his company and the rest of us continue moving forward. By God's grace...

Each of the kids are doing very well...

I'm amazed at how much I don't want to get out of bed these days...not depressed, just not up to facing what each day may hold....there is always so much more than I want to endure...I long for the days of just getting up, getting our day started, tackling math and phonics, balancing the checkbook, or not...

nowadays, when my feet hit the ground, they pretty much don't stop till I fall asleep after some good BBC each night...

David and I are loving us some "Rosemary & Thyme" these days...a very clean show. Very interesting...

Molly is getting super excited about "Mulan Jr", which she will be in from Nov 13-15...sitting through the practices is so much fun...watching kids sing and act is a most precious event. Molly is a little starstruck, as the daughters of our friends are some of the main players in the play, specifically Mulan but no biggie. I'm sure I'll have some pix to post soon....

All I know is that when I sit there and kids start singing or twirling their umbrellas, I get hot eyes....

such a weirdo.

Ok, Rosemary and Thyme is a-calling...

Hope this finds you all well.

No comments: