Monday, May 5, 2014

My precious






I don't wanna brag or anything...and I hope you don't take this that way...but I really do have 5 (6) of the coolest kids....I realize this and I thank the Lord for this blessing.

I also have been blessed with one of the coolest husbands around. I'm really thankful for the gift of David Young. He's one of the finest.

I just wanted to blog that...

This week:

Levi and Mel have a piano recital on Friday evening...

Ethan is continuing to make progress on the chicken coop shed thingy. We are more than ready for these teenaged chicks to make their way OUT of our house. Not that it's been so bad but, heck....we have 17 chickens in a kiddie pool in our house.

Molly will not leave the chicks alone. She's gotten better but sheesh. We also discovered this past weekend that we may or may not be interested in getting a Border Collie of some sort. Preferably male, preferably short haired, preferably puppy. But maybe not? We are pretty excited about the prospect of a four legged friend. (I can't believe I just typed that. what is this world coming to? dog hair in my house? oh dear!!)

Will participated in the tear down of a play at Franklin College yesterday. I won't even name the play but I'll just say he said it was a horrible play. Actors were good, play, premise, whatever you call it....blech. He did enjoy the tear down and got to take Mel with him.

Will and Ethan will both finish their high school portion of life this summer. We will be hosting an open house for them either in mid June or early July...It's hard to plan anything with Mel's chock full schedule and our overall extremely busy summer months.

Mel will turn Sweet 16 at the month's end. I find this hard to fathom. I just had her, seriously. She's a beautiful girl. inside and out. we're all pretty blessed by her even temperament and kindness.

Two more weeks of soccer.

Jack's 3rd birthday falls on a Monday this year. We may host a small gathering. Anyone that wants to participate is always welcome but Monday is a weird day to host an event. Just not sure how to proceed this year....

Ok, hope this scattered post makes you chuckle...it shows you just how scattered and ditzy I really am.

All in all, at the end of the day, I'm so thankful to the Lord for ALL of the great things He has done.

Indeed!

Good night, blogger world.

No comments: