Tuesday, June 4, 2019

It has been too long...

Guys. I'm so sorry. I've been a horrible blogger.
I am on a Dell laptop (barf!!!) and so I have no pictures and no clue as to how to get pictures on to this stupid non-Apple laptop....

Could I be a lousier blogger? probably not.

But I CAN use the power of words and update you on a few important factors:

1. Will and Joy are expecting their second baby this summer. July 2 to be specific. Oliver will have a little brother and although Ollie is not here with us physically, we know we will find him in the little intricacies of his little brother, Lincoln (aka Link). Admittedly, I've had a hard time wrapping my head and heart around this new little person. I know once he's here, we will be soooooo excited and we won't miss a beat...but I know also that there will be tears aplenty and comparisons. Already, I imagine how Link will not get to grow up with his big brother, as Ethan got to grow up with Will. How is this even a real thing?? 

I can't even process this.  even almost two years later. ya know??

But watching my son, my firstborn, and his precious firstborn herself, wife, process this, move forward, make this whole darn process look like a cakewalk, has been cathartic and I'm completely blown away by their trust in God and sheer awesomeness.  Link is a blessed little dude to have these two as his parents.  Ethan, Mel, Levi, Molly, Amy, as his aunts and uncles and all the rest of you that will play a significant role in his life...and there will be many. 

I can't wait to meet him. I want him to be a different looking boy from his brother but in all honestly, if he's Ollie's clone, that'll be a-ok with this Lolli. I want to sniff him, nuzzle him, baby sit him, read to him, feed him fruit snacks, love him, check out his bum, all the good stuff that I've been waiting to do since June of 2017. Hope deferred makes the heart sick. A grandma made to wait to love on her grandson is just.....hard. I thank the Lord for the trial and waiting but I am so hopeful that Link will get to be the boy we lavish all this love on to..( I mean honestly, I've had to do this on a dog, and while I love Rubes, I just wanna sniff and smell, love and squeeze a human lovey.)

Can't wait to meet you, Lincoln. We are apprehensively excited. does that make sense?

Anyway, we are days away from the 8th month celebration of Ruby June Young and her inclusion into this family. I'll admit, as not a dog person, that this has been a rough transition for me....but I feel we have turned a corner and Rubes has become a valuable member of our family. She's precious, honestly, and though she requires a bit more work than I'm willing to put in, we all come together and make it work. I can't imagine life without her now and it'll only get better as she grows out of the puppy phase (when is that again???). 

Will and Joy are doing so well and I'm so excited for them to get to parent Ollie's little brother. Their musical endeavors continue to move forward, and they keep pretty busy with that and working for Young Final Finish. They're pretty awesome, if you haven't had a chance to meet them yet.

Ethan moved out of our home in Nov of 2018. It was quite an adjustment but he's doing SO well, hosts events and siblings regularly, keeps his place SO neat, and is thriving in his own environment. As much as a momma wants to keep her babies close, it's so amazing to watch them fly and thrive. 

Melanie is doing so well with her doula apprenticeship. She works with Ana at Indy Birth Services. She will be doula-ing for Will and Joy at Link's upcoming birth. Pray for this whole situation, if you think of it. 
She also has a friend coming to visit from Germany from May 13-June 1. Stay tuned. They are simply "friends" but we are excited to meet and host Kevin during his first visit to the US of A. 

Levi is a champ. that is all. I mean, seriously. he had 4 wisdom teeth pulled a few weeks ago. He made it seem so easy. No dry sockets, no splinters, he only took 1/2 of one of his pain pills...seriously kid? High pain tolerance much? He is our resident car man...keeps all of our cars clean and ready to go. He is our encourager and right hand man. He's started going on jobs with his dad more also. He is attempting to take his driving test to get his driver's permit. So far, we've taken it twice and no permit but that's ok also!!! You can't rush perfection!

Molly Moo had FOUR teeth pulled today. Our dentist is very competent and makes this whole dental process so much more enjoyable (is that even a word to use in the same sentence as DENTAL work? yeah, it is...here, in this instance) Dr. J and his crew are the coolest. We love them all! Anyways, she has handled this extraction like a champ and we can begin to make way for her extensive dental work in the next year or two. Some of our kids have decent teeth, some of them are janky. hahahahah, Molly is blossoming into quite the lovely young lady, loves make up, her pup, soccer, which starts again this Saturday. I haven't blogged since her little "brother" Elijah was taken in a tragic car accident on November 25, 2018. Just can't even process this loss yet, I don't think. Continued prayers for Elijah's precious Momma, Taylor and precious Dad, Aaron, would be greatly appreciated.  Molly loves her little pal and the loss is great. As Taylor stated, "it seems like he's just at his dad's for the weekend..."  when will we fully process this loss...which isn't a loss for Elijah...he's more whole than ever and what a little Christ follower he was...


No comments: