Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A very June update

Hello there!
Just dropping by for a quick update, minus pics, as I still do not know how to upload pix from my phone to this stinkin' Dell computer. I'd blog on my Apple laptop but it's on its last leg....sad.

We are in the last four weeks of anxiously (or is it eagerly) awaiting the arrival of our precious second grandson. You just can't even know how excited we are. but admittedly, nervous. I know that whatever the outcome, the Lord will be glorified. That is key. 

We will all endure crappy, hard, less than amazing situations in our lives. (and I've found that even those situations can be beautiful!!) That is a guarantee. What are you going to do with it? Did your spouse leave, or cheat, did you get treated badly somewhere? Did your child die? 

I don't disagree, those are all really freakin' hard things to live through. But I can assure you, you WILL be ok. Your story will be different than you'd imagined and any control you thought you may have had will be gone...but that's OK! I'm here to tell you that the sooner you give up control, the better. So many people around me want to KEEP control...and we just can't wait to give it up every single day. Give it up to Jesus. He is a much better writer of stories than us. Seriously. 

So use the gory parts of your story, where it just didn't end up looking like you thought it would, and give it back to Him. And if you don't believe in Him, or you're mad at Him...let me encourage you to seek Him. Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, to day and FOREVER. 

I want to encourage you while you care for your parents, or your kids, or while you struggle through trying to get a grip on why your spouse left, or why you can't have children, or you find yourself dealing with rebellious children...whatever...to turn and give it back to Him and let Him write your story and guide your days. 

ok then...I'll jump off that soap box now...I just have a hard time dealing with the idea of being mad at God when things don't go according to YOUR plans....

Will and Joy are doing really well and so so excited to meet Oliver's little brother. The Young Band hosted a home show in April, which was awesome, and Joy has been doing some traveling as a second shooter in weddings, and other amazing photographic opps for her thriving business, Joylily Photography.  She's about to welcome her very own photo subject!! Thank you for praying for them. I know they are grateful.

Ethan is a social guy, and that's been fun to see. He's loving being on his own at his beautiful apartment. We actually utilized his pool and clubhouse today. He never ceases to amaze me with his hunger to learn new things. I know he'd appreciate your prayers.

Melanie. Ahh sweet Mel. She just turned 21, the day before she sent her German friend, Kevin, back home. He was here for 18 days and we all miss him more than we thought possible. what? 
She's back at work, working on getting a passport, gearing up for these exciting adventures in life! Pray for this amazingly sweet girl, with me.

Levi is awesome and cool and helpful and I love watching him grow into the young man he is becoming. He's growing every day and so tender. He's my cheerleader. He continues to strive for his Indiana Learner's permit but it evades. Test taking is not his strong suit.

Molly....ahhh Molly. She will greet her 12th year this summer and her doggie, Ruby's, first birthday on June 9th. Hard to believe we've been dog peeps for almost a year. Moo is excited to get her ears pierced once she turns 12. Rites of passage. She's pretty spunky and cool...it's fun to watch her blossom into a lovely young lady. She's all about make up, earrings, and emotions. ahhh. 

David Young. Oh, David. you never ever ever cease to amaze me, fella. Thank you for being the picture of diligence (that i need to see soo so badly) and faithfulness. You are such a good leader, imperfect but open, redirectable, always listening to the voice of God. 

There are so many exciting things on the horizon...check back, ya know, every six months, in the off chance that I get on here to blog. And if anyone has any suggestions on how to import pix from my phone to this here computer, well, then...I'm open to hearing them. 

I have so much more I could blog about, but it's a weird place to be ya know? the mom of adults, young pre-adults, pre-teens...it's not like I can just blab about this stuff anymore, ya know?  Helping David run this business, manage a home, manage emotions and kids, encourage the adult kids...man. I'm thankful for this beautiful life and I do not take it lightly...but I can't do it without the encouragement of other fellow believers, friends that are in the so called trenches of life...and I'm ever so grateful for each of you. Any encouragement you can offer, dish out, give, is so appreciated. And we will pay it forward. Overflowing. Ever-praising God for these gifts. 

To my friends with young kids, keep pointing them to the Lord. He is in the everyday. He is in the mundane. He is in the glorious places. 

See you soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You don’t know how much I needed to see this today, you are so wide and beautiful. Love you dearly