Sunday, February 24, 2013

welcome back, Kotter!

I see you everywhere I go, little boy

Pooligans

I have yet to duplicate my expensive hair 'do
I went to a new girl, closer to home, but wow! pricey and def worth it.

Imagine the views he experiences

On our first night in Orange Beach, Mom had the kids try their Mardi Gras finery on. This was something we'd never experienced before but what a fun, if not excessive, southern tradition. I still don't get it and I can sniff out a unit study on the doorstep.

love this little pixie face...in the dentist chair

One of my fave pix of D and I on the beach, at sunset...and probably the only.

This was taken two weeks before we left. We love this little girl, Miss P.


Not sure why some of my Instagram pix would upload and why some of them won't upload.
grrrrr. On top of that, I've managed to misplace my camera cord (I kinda dislike the word cord) and can't get my pix onto here till I do. As usual, the pix uploaded out of order.

We arrived home from Orange Beach on Friday night, 2/22/13. We had a busy weekend on the horizon and it felt so good to be home. I will recall the 12 days of non-home life, at another date, hopefully after I've located my camera cable.

I wanted to get something on here for the peanut gallery...I know these are pix you've already seen if you are my friend on FB or Instagram.

I'm really trying hard to keep my head from feeling so wobbly (wobble wobble) but honestly, it seems as if I'm slowly (or not so slowly) losing "it".

Maybe I never really had it. I may have just thought I did...

I'm kinda agitated tonight and probably need to just head to bed. any little rambunctious noise is getting under my skin. I don't think I was ready for the fast pace of our crazy life to pick up again, and so quickly.

Let's focus on a few good things that happened this weekend/things on tap:
1.) We bask in the vacation glow and praise the Lord for a wonderful time with my parents in their condo. Thank you, Mom and Dad. For the food, lodging, care and good memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
2.) A fun, late night visit from my sister and her two little beauties Friday night. Again, memories that I cherish. (she and the McCoy's kept a watchful eye on our mail/house and Beck stocked our fridge with some necessities and groceries). Thank you, loving family.
3.) A Knighting Ceremony (welcoming our two oldest young men into manhood kinda thing) and an overnight visit from Nick, Nat, Ryan and Sophie. More on this later. Love you, Illinois fam!
4.) A fun celebration of my sister, who will turn 35 this Wednesday, at a local restaurant, last night. Happy birthday, Beck...can't believe you will be half of 70 this week. Wow!
5.) A somewhat relaxed Sunday to prepare for the week's events and to get caught up on laundry, unpacking and recharging, followed by dinner and Bible Study at our church.
6.) Molly, Piper and Nora start gymnastics this Tuesday...I am so excited for this!

Plum tuckered...gotta run. May the Lord bless you as you seek His face.
LY




No comments: