Monday, February 25, 2013

Fat Tuesday...is kinda gross














Amen! so glad to see this float and these people, proclaiming Jesus Christ. Even in the pouring down rain. Hallelujah!

We got so many beads. I felt like I was stealing. ha ha.
Two weeks ago, tonight, we were safely tucked away in my parents' condo, probably swimming and very tired.

It was quite interesting to participate in our first Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday parade. We were positioned next to a group of at least ten 11-13 year old boys....bad idea. I was reminded as to why David and I spent time with our kids (and still try to, occasionally :D) and why we have sacrificed to educate them at home and to keep them with us.

Can I just say that _________'s fears of "no socialization" are unfounded? May I use this forum to brag on my kids? nahhhh, I won't do that here, now, but I was praising Jesus for the thoughtfulness of Will, Ethan, Melanie, Levi and Molly Young...If the comparison of SOCIALIZATION was this band of kids (and many others that I've had the immense pleasure of being around), then I will take no socialization, thankyouverymuch. (may I add, too, that my kids can and will gladly socialize with people in every age group, and quite well)

I shall step down off of my soap box now. These boys were jumping in front of not only my kids, but kids around us. Kids to the left of us, kids to right of us...rude, spoiled, rotten. That's ok...it's good that they get a taste of what their peers will be like.

gross.



all this to say...create in me a clean heart, Oh Lord, and renew a right spirit within me. there is a work being done in me and I have so many thoughts, cares, concerns in my head and in my heart that need to be laid at HIS feet before I can make sense of them and proceed to minister to those around me. I am extremely overwhelmed with where I am at spiritually.

Very clearly and plainly, I am reminded that my day is to begin in prayer and in His Word.

That, my friends, is the only sure thing...once I've given my day to Him, anything that happens has been bathed in prayer.

So, enjoy the pix above...hope that you've enjoyed the beautiful spring-like day here in Indiana or wherever you are at on this 3rd rock from the sun. Get out there and appreciate the Full Snow Moon tonight and bask in the glow of the One Who made it. There is only denial in your heart if seeing that doesn't bring you to your knees in praise and gratitude.

nighty night!


No comments: